The Sourcing Excellence Program is our program within Category Management. The program that helps you structure your purchasing categories, develop category strategies and implement them. We have a clear business focus throughout the program with the goal of finding improvements and lowering the costs of the product and service groups you are responsible for. We go from a purchasing process to a business process. We become business developers.
Purpose and learning objectives
• To lead and run their own purchasing category
• To be able to develop working methods and contribute to the development of the purchasing function
• To work cross-functionally to maximize your business
• Gaining competence to give the most important business / need owners in the company a strategic and business value
• How to get maximum value from the supplier market • To develop clear plans for lowering arts, increasing performance and creating value for the organization
• Creating category plans and strategies for selected product groups
• Getting tools to lead the category team
Who should go?
The program addresses all buyers and purchasing managers who are in charge of their own supplier portfolio and their own supply categories. The program is especially useful for those who work as Category Managers or intend to do so in a near future.
This is a practical program i.e. all participants can apply their new knowledge directly. The participants’ own categories are used as work material continuously throughout the program.
Between the modules, participants work on their category plans to implement the obtained knowledge from each module.
As a red thread throughout the entire program runs the category strategy document. This is the document that the participants will report to the management team to get approved and receive a diploma from the program.
• Exploratory / purchasing analysis
• Category plans- / strategies
• The dossier – the toolbox
• Internal sales / workshop material for category teams and stakeholders
• Executive summary
Does the image work poorly? Click here to open the PDF in your browser.