This training will give you, as a buyer, help in becoming a specialist in costs and pricing. We teach you to become your organisation’s true ”cost-cutter” and you will learn to understand how suppliers calculate their costs and selling price. A detailed analysis of a product’s cost has two main objectives: to provide a powerful basis for negotiation and for cost reduction activities. The course also provides a basis for tracking ongoing costs, thus leveraging price discussions.
Purpose and learning objectives
To provide the basics of cost management needed to understand the own and the provider’s cost structure and pricing.
Who should go?
Buyers at all levels who want to learn how to use cost analysis and TCO as decision tools for savings in projects and negotiations.
Examples of content:
• Development of product calculations
• Why and how should I use calculus?
• Supplier’s fixed and variable costs
• How do suppliers benefit of fixed costs?
• Different types of costs
• Cost implications
• Margin and profit calculation
• Productivity impact on costs
• TCO analysis tools
• Cost breakdown analysis
• Review some of the tools on the market